Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Premiere Pro! Hurry Up!

It's so fun when it comes to do our own television production. I love it when everyone doing their thing and giving their best hoping that the outcome of the video is awesome. But that is the outcome of editor's hard work behind the scene. As audience, we enjoyed the movie just with a blink of an eye, the intro, the plot, the climax and the ending, and the movie just end like that.

But how many people actually think about the hardship behind the scene. Trust me when I say on set filming is not as tough as editing. When it comes to edit, it feels forever. Why? Let me teach you the math!

1 sec = 24 frames
1 min = 1,440 frames
10 mins = 14,440 frames

It's pretty tough to finish everything fast and probably will missed out the details very easily. It's not just the visual matters, audio as well. Not all the audio on set is usable, some needed to voice over. Do you know how voice over works? Our actors/ actress need to sync their dialog with the visual, and it's very very hard to do so, not a sec slow or fast else redo it. For our matter, just for a scene it actually took our actress 2-3 hours to finish up a minute dialog. Tough!

As for editing with Adobe Premiere Pro, I hate the part when it comes to rendering, hate it! I have a 4gb ram but to render a 10 minutes video it took me 30 minutes! I can't imagine back in the days with a standard 1gb/2gb ram, then it'll take forever, probably it won't work at all.

I'm still sitting here, can't do my work until it finish render. Guess what, I've to be in school tomorrow at 9am to meet up with sound engineer and another editor. I won't be sleeping until 3 or 4 am, the earliest.

I'm tired, I'm exhausted and want to sleep real bad, but I have no choice. Geezz....

No comments:

Post a Comment