Thursday, April 28, 2011

I was right

My guts feeling was right ever since the 1st day that I joined ARC. I was told that this band is very well established and they are a bunch of jackass that will do all sort of stupid things but still a heck of a band. Ever since last March I decided to joined them, things did not went well. My 1st impression was, this band is not a band after all, it was just a group of kids coming together to whack some music.

But during the 1 year period, I really discover a lot of things. It's really hard to find somebody in a band that you called as friends, brothers and bandmates. But I can't really say that everything were bad, because in this point of time, I met Faliq (Drummer), he is an awesome drummer who don't mind learning new stuff and taking people advice and looking forward to improve. Everyone respect him, so do I.

In another case, the only person that I would never pay respect is the Matt (Guitarist), yes he can play guitar, but he does not have attitude or personality to sustain him on the top, not to mention about his music, it's really all about techniques, whatever it is, he must solo and do all kind of things to impress other people, did he impressed me? No, in fact it annoyed me very much. As time pass by, I really discover that this band have no future as long as they don't change the way they act.

Here's the problem I found out:
- Late for practice.
- Too much talking, less practice.
- Limitation over composing (because Matt don't like it).
- Guitarist ain't listening advice (because Matt love what he is doing).
- Talking ourselves as Rockstar whereas we are no one.
- Talk big, less action.
- Skip practice

I'm not talking bad about Matt only although it may seems it is, but it's purely the truth. Nobody willing to confront him, even if we do he will give tons of excuse to everyone. Seriously, it really pisses me off! Even I request him to write the music on guitar pro as a reference to everyone in the band, but all he said is "I'm lazy, I'm too busy, I got no time, I'm not free." Guess what, you will never fail to see him in clubs jerking around.

I've been playing with other bands, no member is as bad as him. I'm really disappointed at him, but since I'm taking the stand to leave the band due to misbehave of Matt. I ain't going to look back what have I accomplished in the band because obviously, I did not. I did not learn anything from them as well, I'm so frustrated because I wasted 1 year of my time with such kind of people.

I'm going to start my personal music career without him of course, at least I know I can go somewhere far compare to where I am right now. I don't get restrict by the style of music I play, I don't get treated like a dog following his command and certainly I don't need to be with a band that does not look unto friendship.

Bottom of the line, ARC ain't going anywhere if they continue to act like that. Just my 2 cent. Good luck fellas!

No comments:

Post a Comment