Monday, April 25, 2011

Big biceps? 6 packs abs?

Amazing Biceps, Incredible 6 packs

I always wonder how will I look like with these amazing biceps and incredible 6 packs, even if I don't have Brad Pitt looks I would still be sexy for the ladies! Well even though they are not important in my list for having body like this. I've been constantly going for badminton, lifting my dumbbells, sit ups and push ups but it just won't work, why?

To my surprise when I look through a magazine, they listed down the details on what type of body is the most hard ones to build. It may just help you!

Article taken from Men's Health December 2010 issue.

The Problem: Long arms
   The bench press may be a barometer of masculinity, but it discriminates against long-limbed lifters. While the distance the bar travels does limit both performance and results, long arms can also set you up for injury. A tall man's ball-and-socket shoulder joint- the place where his upper arm bone meets his shoulder blade- is more vulnerable than a shorter man's. "You actually driver your arm bone into the joint, setting yourself up for rotator-cuff injuries down the road," says Martin Rooney, CSCS, of the Parisi Speed School.

The Problem: Small hands
   Short armed men tend to have smaller mitts; this makes holding the bar harder for them. A small hand's grip gives out faster, reducing the amount of work you can do on puling exercise, says Rooney.

The Problem: No butt
   If you rolled a quarter off the back of your head, would it hit anything on the way down? If not, you have a flat back, most likely cause by a pelvis that's tilted backward at the top. A tilted pelvis puts your lower back in a vulnerable position, setting you up for spinal injuries.

The Problem: Long legs
   For tall men-basically anyone over 180cm- the back squat can present 2 problems, says Durkin. The first involves physics: The longer the bones in your legs, the farther the bar has to travel on each rep and the harder your muscles need to work to lift it. Even with perfect form, you'll have a tougher time adding size and strength. Men with shorter bones can do more reps with heavier weights.
   The second problem is that your form is probably flawed. Longer bones have more opportunity to make false moves. You might struggle to keep your lower back in a neutral position (slightly arched) throughout the full range of motion. Or you might lean forward as you tire, putting stress on your lower back.

Now do you understand about your body? As for me, I have all the problems, and I finally understand why it's so hard for me to build myself in weight and size. But I'm not giving up, the only solution for my problem is to work harder than others just to get the minimal results. Let's workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment