Sunday, April 17, 2011

My biography

Just wanted to share about my world to you. ^^

Tell us about you:
I'm just a kampung boy living in a small town in Ipoh, Malaysia. I'm not handsome or muscular, just simply tall and skinny. I love to play and listen to music most of my time and I enjoy sports. I was a basketball state player back in secondary school. I'm also a 1st generation Christian in my family. I have 2 eldest brother and I'm the youngest in the family. Oh yeah, single too!

What is your goal in life?
I really love music, I enjoy listening to them and playing it on stage is what I always looking forward to. It started off when I was only 4, I was forced by my parents to do it unwillingly. Because I was too young to say no so I kept going on until I was 14 and I stopped learning organ at grade 7. But sooner or later I get back to music after I met my best buddy David when I was 15 and he introduced Metal music to me. SLIPKNOT was the 1st ever thrash metal band I listen to and been to their concert when they are touring in Singapore. Ever since that day, my life changed tremendously. I was so into music and involve in music industry till now. My current band "A Ruthless Cleansing" is making a debut in local scenes. I will die trying to be 1 of the best band in Malaysia.

Why Metal not Pop?
I love Metal way too much but I don't hate Pop, music is a very subjective topic, just like Durian, some likes it and some can't handle it. To me, Pop emphasize a lot on fantasy or rather way too positive and some are irrelevant to me, but Metal brings forth truth about the world and I feel that it's significant to me. Therefore, Metal all the way for me. (I love BSB by the way!)

What if your music is not accepted in Malaysia or any other countries? Will you still continue what you are doing?
Of course I will! I'm not doing it for fame or bling. Passion counts! It doesn't really matter other people love my music or not, if they don't then they can just skip it and listen to things that they love. My life is about my music, all my music represent all that I have. I will continue my music till the day that I go back to where I 1st started. But of course if my music accepted by others, praise the Lord!

How is your career now? Anyway near your goal in life?
Erm... Well I think my career just kick-started last year March when I joined ARC. Things are going pretty well so far but not all the time. There are ups and downs. We played in a gig that was so supported that everyone claps and cheers our name and there are times that we play in a empty crowd. Nevertheless, we still do our thing. I believe that someday people will notice us and we will be at big stage, someday.

Do ARC get paid?
Not really, most of the time we are doing it for free because in underground every other band seems to do it for F.O.C. I talked to Carl from Kromok, he told me that we (musicians) should never back down and do it for free as we have something great to offer. Still, local music industry is very unstable so most of the time it's for free. But we did received offer for few hundreds or few thousands to play 1 or 2 shows. To us it was a big thing if you get what I mean. Haha....

Lastly, what do you have to tell the people out there, friends, fans, family?
Firstly to my parents, I know what I'm doing it's not promising to my future, I may not be successful in this industry but I will not give up till I get what I want in life. All I can do is just to prove to you with everything that I had. Friends, I will make you guys proud to call me as your friend. 1 day you will see me on MTV and tell your friends that you knew me! Fans, I hope to get full support by you and without you there won't be me. Thanks for the support and I will not let you down! Journey with me till the finishing line.

No comments:

Post a Comment